Saturday, September 25, 2010

Warning Labels

For some reason I looked at the tag attached to the cord of my hairdryer today as I was putting it in the cabinet where it belongs. This is the moment it really hit me on the stupidity people contain and how much money is wasted on warning labels. Is it really necessary to attach something stating not to use a hair dryer while you are in the shower? I mean, really? What idiot got into the shower to use it the because of their lack of better judgement sued a company because they are retarded and ended up being electrocuted. I mean where does common sense come into play? Do you realize that for every warning label their is on a product, some moron did that exact action in order to get it placed there then tried to sue the company? What has our world come to? What could possibly possess someone to act in a so many ways for warning labels to even be placed on products? So, while I was pondering over all of this, I decided to think about warning labels.... and of course I have added some on here. Feel free to add any that you may think of.... This will make you stop and realize what people have come to....

Arm & Hammer Scoopable Cat Litter 
Safe to use around pets.......    No kidding?!?! I would hope it is safe to use since it is CAT LITTER after all.

Sleeping Pills 
Warning: May cause Drowsiness..... 
So what idiot did it take to figure this one out? Common sense that sleeping pills may just cause drowsiness.

Bic Lighter 
Ignite lighter away from face...... 
Ummm duh?

On a Jar of Peanut Butter
May contain nuts..... Well where in the hell do you think peanut butter comes from? 

On A Cup of Coffee
Caution! Contents are hot! ..... Well, no kidding, I didn't ask for a frappuccino 

On a Lawn Mower
Do not place hands or feet under the mower when engine is running..... Okay, so seriously, what genius did this one? Even my kids know better than to pull an act like this!

On a Disposable Razor
Do not use this product during an earthquake..... No more really needs to be said....

On a Stroller
Remove child before folding.... Really people? I mean come on! 

Pepper Spray
Never aim spray at your own eyes..... Ok, now I am seriously wondering what woman actually did this that led to the warning label. 

Road Sign
Caution May Be Water on Road When Raining.... You don't say

Child's Superman Costume
Wearing this garment does not enable you to fly.... What parent actually allowed their child to do this? Does common sense and good parenting ever ring a bell???


I have so many more and may just come back to this post to update it with them.... I know I am not the only one that stops, shakes my head, and really wonders what in the world people are thinking to make manufactures have to actually go out of their way to add these labels! Come on people, use that thing called common sense!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment